Updated Respiratory Virus Guidance
The CDC has updated recommendations for preventing the spread of COVID-19, to align with respiratory viruses like Flu and RSV.ses like Flu and RSV.
If you are experiencing symptoms of a respiratory virus like COVID-19:
- Stay home and away from others.
- You can go back to normal activities when:
- Your symptoms are improving overall, AND
- You are fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication. (Not all individuals will have fevers.)
Once your symptoms are improving and you have been fever-free without medicine for 24 hours:
- Take ADDED PRECAUTIONS for the next 5 days.
- Hygiene: Wash hands, cover coughs and sneezes, and clean frequently touched surfaces.
- Cleaner air: open windows, use air filters, be outside when possible
- Masking & physical distancing
- Keep in mind that you still may be able to spread the virus that made you sick, even if you are feeling better.
For more information, please visit https://www.cdc.gov/respiratory-viruses/index.html